Central Massachusetts Inn Policies
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Late Check-out: 1:00 PM
Late Check-out Fee: $ 40.00
Early check-in or late check-out is only offered when possible based on room availability and there may be a charge for early or late check-ins.
Property and Cancellation Policies
*A non refundable $25.00 charge per room per night will be taken at time of reservation. Less than 10 full days notice a refund will only be provided if we are able to rebook the rooms for the number of nights reserved, less the $25.00 deposit/processing fee. Please be considerate with cancellation notice and understanding, as we are not a big hotel who can absorb the loss of room income.
Terms and Conditions
The Howarth House Bed and Breakfast is a “Bed and Breakfast Home” in the Massachusetts tax codes, MGL Chapt.64, Sect. 2, VI, and is an exempted property. The cost of the breakfast served is included in the cost of the stay. There is no meals, sales or hotel tax charged.
All guest rooms are located on the second floor and require the ability to walk up one flight of stairs. We are not handicapped accessible.
Off street parking is located on the property. It is the guest’s responsibility to secure their vehicles and guest rooms. The B&B is not liable for lost or stolen property from a vehicle or guest room.
Full payment is required at check-in. Cancellation with less than 10 days notice will result in the full non refundable charge for the stay unless the room can be rebooked for the full stay. Any refund will be less the deposit fee charged.
Children over the age of 6 will be charged as a third accommodation when traveling with two parents or guardians.
Guest information will not be shared with third parties unless required by law.
Corporate discounts are available. Please contact the B&B for more information. info@HowarthHouse.com
Howarth House Bed and Breakfast, located at the crossroads of Central Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont in Fitchburg Massachusetts, warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the historic significance of our 1911 property, we are not wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property.
The physical barriers include the following:
- All rooms located on the second floor
- There is not an elevator
- To reach the second floor, there are 15 steps with 2 large landings
- Due to the historic nature of the building, the interior structure includes narrow hallways and doorways that do not accommodate a wheelchair or scooter.
- No rooms include a roll in shower
So all guests can enjoy Howarth House Bed and Breakfast, we are continuing to take significant steps to remove barriers where possible at our property. We offer the following for those guests with limited disabilities:
- We are available to assist guests with stairs
- The staircase includes two large landings and is wide enough to accommodate 2 people side by side. There are sturdy railings.
- The Harvard Room: located on the 2nd floor and requires the navigation of stairs, does offer a large walk-in two person shower as well as grab bars around the shower area.
- All rooms have grab bars around bathing areas.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit Howarth House Bed and Breakfast can do so regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities be able to make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room or cottage meets their accessibility needs.
- It is our standard operating procedure to ensure that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our clients’ right to privacy of disclosure.
- We guarantee that an accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that an accessible room is available through at least some of these services and that information concerning the accessibility of the room is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at (978) 342-2851 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at email@example.com or call us with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.
Howarth House Bed and Breakfast is a United States based business which complies with applicable laws to protect your personal information. As a data controller, upon consent, we will collect and process your personal information in order to provide you with superior service, analyze your travel and accommodation preferences, and inform you of specials, packages and events. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
Individuals located in the European Union have a right to change, request deletion of, or know the extent of personal information collected by our business. Unless required to do otherwise by law, we will honor requests to update, correct, change, or delete personal data following successful identity verification.
Howarth House Bed and Breakfast has adopted reasonable physical, technical and organizational safeguards which guard against accidental, unauthorized or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, access, use or processing of the personal data in our possession. Customers and visitors will be promptly notified in the event of any known unauthorized access to, or use of personal data.
Collection and Storage of Personal Data
The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of our customers, shall to the best of our knowledge, be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with country-specific data protection regulations.
- We only collect personal data to be able to deliver accommodations in a safe and legal way for both us and the guest and in line with required regulations.
- As we only use personal data for the purposes mentioned in the point above, we assume guest gives consent by a clear affirmative action (entering their own personal data by themselves and confirming the reservation by pressing a button in the system).
- We collect the following personal data: name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card data.
- We never collect personal data for accompanying children under 16.
- We never use personal data for profiling purposes.
- We never sell or use personal data that we have received to a third party.
- Subscriptions to receive email updates will be held indefinitely.
- You may request deletion of your data from our marketing databases by opting out of consent.
- If you wish to update, remove, or add to the information collected by our website or held by our marketing team, you may submit your request on our website or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any incident related to a data breach or theft of data is immediately reported to the Privacy Commission.
Customer Access to Data Requests
- If a customer asks for their personal data, we will provide it free of charge.
- We communicate the personal data we store to our customer both through the booking confirmation and in the arrival information. The only exception to this rule is credit card information which we only send encrypted and only upon specific request.
Visiting Our Website
By visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal data as described herein. If you do not agree with the terms set herein, please do not visit this website. If required by applicable law, we will seek your explicit consent to process personal data collected or volunteered by you. Kindly note that any consent will be entirely voluntary.
Visitors to our website may opt-out of cookies storage at any time and prevent the setting of cookies by means of a setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies.
We operate an email mailing list program used to inform consented subscribers about news, specials, and events. Users subscribe through an online automated process where they give their explicit permission. The subscriber’s personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons, tracked clickable links, or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to the customer’s engagement, geographic, and demographics. Through our emails you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time.
Subscriptions to Newsletters
Our customers are informed regularly by means of a newsletter about offers, specials and events. The customer may only receive our newsletter by (1) having a valid e-mail address and (2) the customer consents to the subscription.
The personal data collected as part of a registration for the newsletter is only used to send our newsletter. There will be no transfer of personal data collected by the newsletter service to third parties. The subscription to our newsletter may be terminated by the customer at any time. The consent to the storage of personal data, which the customer has given, may be cancelled at any time. To unsubscribe to our newsletter, a corresponding link is found in each newsletter. It is also possible to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by email or in writing.
External Website Links & Third Parties
Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout our website.
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Visitors to our website should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.